The Wraith: Shangri-La by Insane Clown Posse.
Here it is: Insane Clown Posse’s holy testimony 🙏✝️🙏. ICP reveals that they’re secret Christians, the Dark Carnival is God, and that they’re not sorry if they tricked you. Just like that weird kid at school who tried to make friends with you only to ask you to something called “youth group”, ICP has apparently had an ulterior motive all long. But, as they say, “why should the devil get all the good music?”
2002’s The Wraith: Shangri-La is a pretty good album (much less women-hate), but for some reason Nathan and Cameron have a hard time getting into it. Has ICP lost their edge, and their carnivalesque aesthetic? Maybe. Are they capable of keeping to their horrorcore roots while describing their version of heaven? When you have four kids, will you look back on this album as “the shit”? You decide!
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space—see a clip featuring Officer Mooney here
- Commedia dell’arte, which features clowns, and Dante’s La Divina Commedia
- Parallel fifths
- One of the places that published overblown claims about ICP being evangelical Christians
You can support us in several ways:
- Kick us a few bux on Patreon! By becoming a supporting member, you'll gain access to special bonus episodes!
- Buy T-shirts, sweatshirts, and more at our merch page!