Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette.
It's finally here! Alanis Morissette's 1995 album Jagged Little Pill is not only the opening salvo of the New Alanis™ after her first few pop albums, it's also her most successful album to date. As if that weren't enough, it's also the #11 top-selling album of all time, ever, worldwide (according to this Wikipedia list).
That said, it's a really good album. Almost certainly the best one we've listened to in more than 30 episodes of TOtBS. We did some nitpicking about the lyrics, and about the harmonica (oh, god, the harmonica playing) but this album is really good.
Listen along to Jagged Little Pill here.
A few videos for this album:
- The Hitler Youth haircut, also called "the fashy" and "the undercut"
- Butch Vig, the man who made Nirvana palatable to mainstream radio
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl on TVTropes
- "Baba O’Riley", often called "Teenage Wasteland" by rubes like Cameron
- The first episode of Patriot is available for free on the YouTubs
- Bo Burnham's skit about country music
- Rush's song "The Speed of Love," where two halves make two holes
- Kendrick Lamar wins a Pulitzer
- You say gi, I say ghee—let's call the whole thing off
- The Oatmeal on irony
- The doctor lady
You can support us in several ways:
- Kick us a few bux on Patreon! By becoming a supporting member, you'll gain access to special bonus episodes!
- Buy T-shirts, sweatshirts, and more at our merch page! Support Think Outside the Box Set